- No products in the cart.
Vicon is the world leader in motion capture, developing high performance software and hardware products for the entertainment, engineering and medical industries. Vicon products have been used in many major feature films and many games and TV commercials. We have offices in Oxford, Denver and Los Angeles. This position is in our Los Angeles office.
Vicon Motion Systems, Inc. has an immediate opening for a creative and team-oriented person as an Application Engineer (VFX focus) to assist in supporting and performing customer-site installations of our motion capture systems. We are interested in individuals with a solid technical background to assist mainly with hardware installations and customer training and support.
- Customer Support: Provide first line technical support to Vicon customers, using various methods: Telephone, email, desktop sharing and onsite. Develop and maintain accurate records pertaining to customer orders and contacts.
- Installation and training: Plan and deliver installation and commissioning of new motion capture systems and software training. Travel domestically and internationally to customers’ facilities.
- Product Support: Create content for effective support and promotional purposes – documentation, website FAQs, tutorials, videos and working examples using Vicon software.
- Testing: Test new software and hardware to quality assure Vicon products for release.
- Demonstration: Assist the Sales team by developing effective demonstrations to prospective clientele. Represent Vicon at trade shows, conferences and events.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BS or higher degree in EE, ME, CS, VFX or related field
- 2+ years experience with Motion Capture systems
- 2+ years experience with game engines: Unreal and Unity
- 2+ years experience with Computer Aided Engineering including VR/AR
- 30% domestic and International travel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, problem solving skills, and technical troubleshooting expertise. Confident and able to communicate professionally with and at all levels
- Excellent presentation skills
- Self-motivated and resourceful in finding solutions by working with others
- Organized and able to prioritize tasks working alone or within a team
- Experience with Windows based PC structures, network infrastructures, and knowledge of Linux based operating systems or ROS
- Knowledge of programming/scripting in one or more of Python, .NET/C#, MATLAB, C++
- Ability to customize Visual Effects pipelines
- Familiarity with MotionBuilder, Maya, and 3DSMax
- An interest in Film and Video game Production, Virtual Reality, Autonomous Vehicle Research, and Virtual Product Design
Vicon offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vison, short and long term disability, a company matched 401(k) program, generous vacation allowance, and coworkers who are driven to succeed and enjoy a fun, challenging work environment.
Vicon is a subsidiary of OMG plc, a public company founded in 1984 with a proven track record of growth, financial stability, technical innovation and long-term customer relationships. We are an equal opportunity employer.